Drama, as an art form, transcends all barriers of race, culture and language. Deyi English Drama Club has had many precious memories to experience this diversity in our craft as we explore the human condition in our dramatic works.
Students were given the opportunity to broaden their horizons, experience a variety of theatrical forms ranging from Forum Theatre to Shakespearean sonnets. Other than taking part in school programmes and concerts, the English Drama Club was able to participate in this year’s SYF Arts Presentation. Students pushed their performance skills to bring about a dramatic and emotional rendition of the classis ‘Lord of the Flies’ and were rewarded with the Certificate of Accomplishments. They were also able to lend their creative voices and ideas in this year’s National Day Recollections performance.
These meaningful opportunities to showcase as well as cultivate one’s skills as actors and actresses mean a lot to the members of the club. In the varied roles and personas that we assume, both on and off the stage, the language used to portray and empathise with the human condition is a universal one. Embracing this fact, Deyi English Drama Club would like to continue embarking on the journey to discover more characters and chart more possibilities to play on stage.
- Miss Nurain (OIC)
- Mdm Abirami
- Mdm Rajakumari
- Every Tuesday and Thursday 3 – 5:30 pm
Achievements and Highlights:
- SYF Arts Presentation: Certificate of Accomplishment
- National Day ‘Recollections’
- CCA Day Carnival 2023
- #TellStory 2022 - Students attained Best Live Performer Award, and were runner-ups for Best Comedy Scene and Outstanding Performance Award categories
- Online showcases for Arts Hour 2021 and Chinese New Year and Hari Raya celebrations 2022
- National Day ‘The New Normal’ video recording
- SYF Arts Presentation 2021: Certificate of Distinction
- CCA Carnival 2021
- The Young Playwright Plays: ACSI-Deyi Collaboration 2020